Greedy

• 9 replies
  • 43 subscribers

So i did finish my radiation, but well i must be greedy as i took all the side effects you can get. Got a rash on back and chest who drives me mad as it is soooooo itchy. Got a cream now and hope it will work. Then i only can eat soup or so now as everything i swallow, even water hurts like racer blades... and at least fatigue is back woohooo, My house looks like a mess and garden like a jungle, but i think it has to wait.

Just wanted to moan a bit makes me feel better Slight smile

Pet

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pet I too had a terrible time with radio therapy and the radiation burns just kept getting worse and worse. Just in case yours progress the only thing that worked were Silver Dressings. My pharmacist found them for me but they are apparently very expensive and I don't think I would have got them without his help. The difference they made however was unbelievable and so quickly. 

• Aw Pet

You had me wincing so much that I was squinting through ¾ closed eyes towards the end, but when I got to the very end I realised that you must be feeling fantastic Slight smile

You're in good company down there with all the rest of the greedy people. After all, you've got all the sunshine lol.

House and garden can wait Pet, look after no.1 first.

Take care Pet

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pet

oh dear! That sounds awful. You poor thing. I’m afraid things probably will get worse before they get better as radiotherapy keeps working for a couple of weeks after the actual treatment has finished. I’d get on to the GP ASAP about those dressings if I were you. It might be time to call in those “if there’s anything I can do, let me know” favours and get some help in the house and garden too. It would be cheerier if you can at least sit in a clean room and look at a garden that’s looking half decent. 

With a very gentle hug and lots of love 

xxx

• , thanks Daloni!!

Yes it's getting worse, i did get some meds but they are awful but help a bit. And for the house, i got hubby helping, but you know how it is, he cleans his way, and it's very different  to mine ... but we get there. And now, omg we got a mouse in the spare room!!! What's next???

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

Now this one has made me think of something that will possibly make people either cringe or smile. 

I got a little field mouse in my front room. It took up residence in the fire place and popped out at night. It was a quick as lighting. I was loaned a humane trap. I tried cheese, bread, seeds and every morning the trap was empty. Eventually a piece of chocolate fudge cake did the trick and it was in the trap when I got up. I was off to work and had to pass a park on the way. I put the trap into a bag with mouse inside and set off. 

I got to the crossing just before the park and the car in front slammed on as a dog ran out. Everyone stopped OK but I turned to look at the bag which had slid from the chair and trap was open on the floor. Then the mouse ran across my foot. I had to keep going the 200 yards to the park and as soon as I got in I leap from the car and opened every door. A kind man hurried across to see if I was OK. The 2 of us searched every where and he was just  about to pop the bonnet when it jumped out of the car onto the grass. We quickly slammed all doors shut. 

The man looked at me and said next time get a lethal trap much less trouble and laughed as he got back in his car. 

On a more serious note I hope things improve soon I suffered far too long and ended up in hospital because too much skin had died away. However once I got the silver dressings the recovery was quick. 

• Hi Maz

Aw poor mouse, it had adopted you as it's new Mum and you let it go into the distance!

That's good news re the silver dressings to aid your recovery in that respect.

Take care Maz

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Now don't say that as he was very cute.  I am sure that as a field mouse running around the park would be much more preferably than being in my house. My conscience is clear. 

I was just thinking while reading some of the others posts he was lucky he didn't chose a house with cats that liked mice to eat. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

Hi Pet, 

do you have a cereal box? Seal it up except for a small hole in one corner. Pop in a small amount of cereal and put it down in a corner. With any luck you’ll be able to pick up the cereal box plus mouse some time later 

xx

• Very true Maz Slight smile or a self sufficient survivalist

Nice to speak to you Maz, btw I will be posting a message to you as a reply to your message to me regarding my problem.

In the meantime I have good news regarding my son and I will be posting a new discussion within the next hour or so.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.