BACK TO THE RAIN AND COLD!!

• 32 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

I'm just letting you know I'm back from a terrific holiday. While away, the WiFi didn't work too well, so I didn't manage to keep up with what's been happening to you all! I put my iPad on and logged into my email account, ready to catch up on all that's been going on with you all. However, there were no notifications from the site at all. I looked in my Junk Folder and there was 1 from the Travel Insurance Group and that was it!

I have written to Admin asking for help but thought that in the meantime, I'd let you know the position and hopefully you can fill me in with how things are!

At the weekend, our granddaughter was 8 and it was a full day of activities (of course, I could only watch) from leaving the house at 9.30am and arriving home at 6.30pm! I was shattered but in a good way! However slept almost all day yesterday, so this was me just now hoping to catch up on you all! I had a scan last Friday and have another, next Monday, a nice welcome home present.

The weather while we have been away, we have discovered was quite horrendous with rain, sleet, snow and gales for the majority of the time, while we had beautiful sunshine, blue skies and it was very hot the whole time we were away, apart from 3/4 very misty days!

Looking forward to hearing how you all are!

• Hi Annette

Welcome back, your knowledge, assistance and humour were missed. 

Yes, we had storm after storm and rivers overflowed leaving some unfortunate people flooded out, one memorable scene was of a property with the floodwater just below the guttering. Not a lot of snow though, just rain and rain.....

Sounds like you had a lovely time at your granddaughter's birthday party, as you say, it was worth it to be poleaxed the next day. I spent the half term week at my daughter's and my 3½ year old and was his usual cyclonic self but I loved it. On my return I had the most awful cold, my nose and eyes streamed constantly. My eyes were streaming a yellow liquid and were glued shut each morning because of conjunctivitis. I was confined to bed for 8 full days and ultimately I was given an antibiotic to clear a sinus infection. 

I hope admin can get to the bottom of your notification problem. You will have missed a lot, one notable, sad thread was when Johnty signed off from the group. She had come to the stage when she wanted and needed to spend the last few days with her husband. It has been a while since we lost someone from the group, Johnty was a source of compassion and inspiration to many here. 

Are any of your devices not Apple? I remember from other forums that I have encountered that the systems were generated with Android in mind although that was a while ago. 

Definitely good to see your name again, Annette.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Welcome back, Annette! It’s been biblical here with the rain and now it feels like a plague is upon us. What next? Frogs? Locusts? You did the right thing in taking your holiday in February. 

I’ve sent my news by pm so I won’t bore you again here but rather say it’s good to have you back. 

Xx

• Hi Annette,

lovely to have you back refreshed from your holiday and the sunshine.

we have had some pleasant sunny days or parts of days and I had a nice break for a few days in Cornwall.

so good to get away in February and come back to spring and summer to look forward to.

I am feeling optimistic again now as I am back on the lenvatinib and doing well with a new BP  drug called Doxazosin which is used for men with enlarged prostates as it stretches the neck of the bladder.any way it seems to be doing the trick and controlling my blood pressure.

so all good apart from the worry my daughter s wedding may get cancelled due to Coronavirus it is on  June 21st and my sister and her family have just bought tickets to come over from America.

if she has to delay it it is not the  end of the world. Hope I will still be here 

love Ruth 

Ruth 

• Let us know how your scans do,

I have MRI and CT on March 17th 

Ruth 

• Annette I think you must have brought some sunshine back with you, although somewhat diluted. We're hoping for 12°C today. It's lovely, I have more and more daffodils blooming now. Although it's breezy, dare I say it, looking very like spring!

Best of luck with your scan results, when will you get them, do you know yet?

Our local news is saying that a large Halifax call centre in Belfast city centre with 1000 workers has been closed today because someone there has the corona virus. 

Ruth, I hope that the wedding date is far enough away from now that any health scare because of the corona virus will be behind us then. My son and his wife to be are hoping that all bureacratic hurdles will be surmounted in the next day or so and their marriage can take place. Fingers crossed. I feel so helpless that I can't be there to add my love to Christopher and Fabi. I also have to give comfort at home to my wife and son. All I can do is send words of comfort, just crumbs really. 

Best of luck for you also with your scans Ruth. Will you get the results soon? 

I'm for a pre op appointment, I hope it is, this afternoon. Not only do I have cancer, heart, and  mobility problems, I've also bilateral elbow nerve problems. I hope this corona virus doesn't get worse. I've made contingency plans to remain in isolation at home for as long as necessary. We don't have a large number of cases here in Northern Ireland but if it does start to spike I won't take any chances. One saving grace is that my respiratory system is excellent, no lung issues. Yay, that's worth celebrating Slight smile

Take care friends

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

welcome home hun, glad you had a good holiday, and you enjoyed your granddaughters birthday, xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Welcome back

So good to hear you had such a good holiday and were able to enjoy your granddaughter's birthday, albeit from the sidelines.

Bit of a reality check those scans, best of luck with them.

Spring is definitely on the way!

xx

• Hi Tvman and thanks for your kind words (the cheque is in the post! LOL!).

Well on your day so, I've switched to my tab which is a Samsung, instead of using  y iPad which I use all the time, so I will let you know if I have any joy with it.

I was pleased to hear you spent the half term hols with your daughter and grandson but sorry about the problems once you got home.

I'm so sad to hear about Johnty butmits right to spend what time and energy left to concentrate with her family. I will add her to my prayers. Stay WELL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Tvman and thanks for your kind words (the cheque is in the post! LOL!).

Well on your day so, I've switched to my tab which is a Samsung, instead of using  y iPad which I use all the time, so I will let you know if I have any joy with it.

I was pleased to hear you spent the half term hols with your daughter and grandson but sorry about the problems once you got home.

I'm so sad to hear about Johnty but its right to spend what time and energy left to concentrate on her family. I will add her to my prayers. Stay WELL!

By the way, I DID tell our daughter I would try to bring a bit of sun back, as she was saying how horrible the weather had been! Just sorry I couldn't manage a bit more heat with it!

Love Annette x

• Thanks Daloni and what exciting news it was too. The new treatment working is just what you deserve, I find it hard to put into words just how happy I am for you and the girls! Selling your house and finding another, is fantastic too, I hope all the paperwork goes ahead smoothly! Will answer your PM shortly. I hope it will be a bit easier on my SAMSUNG! I did try to answer yesterday but it disappeared! 

Love Annette x