Problems with ANTIBIOTICS?

• 40 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Everyone, As you know I have been in bed all week with a severe chest infection my GP said was heading towards pneumonia. He gave me a 7 day course of Clarithromycin 500mgs twice a day! The main problem is my mouth! I feel as if my tongue is raw and I've lost the top layer of skin on it! My whole mouth is now sore and burning, it sounds crazy but even my teeth are painful.

I was wondering has anyone else had this kind of reaction to this or any other antibiotic? I only have 2 for Monday and one for Tuesday and that's me finished the course but don't know whether call my GP for advice in the morning or to just finish the course and hope this all goes away!

Thank you for reading this, it's making me miserable and that's just not me! Even my cup of tea tastes terrible. He did say I'd have a metallic taste in my mouth but.........

• Hi Annette, Daloni and Gragon,

glad you are all all getting festive. We put our tree up yesterday and looking forward to Christmas with our children and 3 dogs. Our daughter will bring her 2 dachshunds with her.

we will have one more meal,out on Tuesday to celebrate getting the money sorted to my siblings and me.

sp pleased we all seem to have some have good  news for next year with biopsies done and drugs to take and very pleased the chest infection is better Annette.

happy Christmas everyone 

love Ruth

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Hi

That will be a bittersweet celebration I am sure. I hope you plan to do something nice for yourself with at least some of your inheritance 

lots of love xxx

• Hoping to buy a new car in January a self charging hybrid 

Ruth 

• FormerMember

Hi folks sorry to come late to the table but I have been acclimatizing to my drugs the 6 month gap made it like starting all over again. 

Sounds like things are revving up ready for the big day everywhere whatever people's plans are. 

Just a word of caution on the hybrid especially if you live near any flooding. My daughter in law got a lovely hybrid Yaris in May and was over the moon with it. It did not really come up with the goods re being economical but she felt good to be doing her bit for the environment. However my son was driving home in it and it had started raining pretty heavy, but it had been fine that week. He turned a hairpin bend to go under a railway bridge and it was flooded, the news that evening reported flash flooding. He is a big lad and got out thinking no probs he would push it out and re route. No, it looked as good as the day they got it but the engine was completely gone. Total write off and still awaiting settlement. My brother always said water and electricity do not mix and in this case it proved right. Sure many other people find them great although my friend had some part stolen off hers when it was in her garage apparently it is well sought after and it hiked her insurance right up. 

Sorry to be off putting but I always think it's best to have as much info as possible before making choices as the car sale people only tell you the good points. 

Merry Christmas to all 

• Thanks for the warning I will think about it and ask some questions before I buy 

Ruth

Ruth 

• FormerMember

A friend of mine has an electric Nissan. She loves it for local journeys but not for long trips 

xx

• FormerMember

It has put them off getting another hybrid. Apparently all electric don't have the same problem it is something to do with the converting from one to the other. I don't really understand it. It's all this unexpected flooding about the place I feel sorry for those having to live with it we have been lucky up to now but a place near my daughter's gets flooded at least once a year and they can't even get insurance now. 

Well my side effects seem to be subsiding just in good time for Christmas. My husband has to work it this year but my son and daughter-in-law are coming to stay for 2 nights so that will be nice. We are hoping for good driving conditions after Christmas as my husband and I have splashed out on a two night break in a luxury hotel in Northumberland. We will see the grand children in the daytime but are planning some quality couple time also. 

• Hi Daloni, The cats, dog and tree sound like great fun! Maybe you could just get a branch from outside and spray it with white or silver and put one or two baubles on it, I did this for a neighbour one year, the first Christmas after her husband died. She didn't want to put up a big tree but wanted something. When I took it in, she was so excited and really loved it!

Thats our tree up. Our daughter came round tonight (well last night) to help and also helped wrap the children's presents! What a relief it's done! That's me finished my last antibiotic and I still have a sore throat and ear. Now someone mentioned about Thrush when I explained about my mouth. I had never had it before, then someone else said she was prone to it but not in her mouth! I now know what she meant, never experienced it before, so I think Monday morning I'll be back on the phone to the surgery! I really thought I'd feel a lot better than I do by now and as you say, talk about slow!!!   Anyway later this afternoon we are going into Glasgow to the Christmas Market, it is the last day as they clear George Sq for the Hogmany Party. Weather permitting of course and the wheelchair is already in the car!

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! Stay well!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Don't even think about putting a bow on a carrier bag for at least 30 years! Do what I do, get someone to help you wrap your gifts! Our daughter came round today ( she lives 8 doors along) helped put up the tree and wrap the children's gifts. Oh she can do it so very fast, I think I parcelled one and she had done five in the same time! It's like having our own little Christmas Elf! Lol!

Ruth, your Christmas sounds like there will be as many dogs as people! Do they get their own presents and special meal! Enjoy!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Dear

I’ve had a Prius hybrid since 2006 (same one)

and love Two hearts it but I have not driven through any flash floods in the 14 years I’ve had it. Battery still at 85%

Probably will replace it some time this year with a tribred this time.

hugs to all

millie