Community news blog

• 8 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi folks

I was asked to send my story into MacMillan for publishing and if anyone wants to read it,  it's in the Community News, under"What the Community means to you" ..... Volume 1 : Tvman. 

Sorry, I don't know how to insert a link to it. 

Tvman x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

, will certainly have a look at that.

Lass is my go to person for technical stuff, she’s computer savvy and very good at explaining things. 
    Daloni and Gragon both do links, am a bit of a technophobe myself, it keeps my sons entertained. xx

• Here’s the  link TV man - vol 1 to make it easier to find s blog 

Take care KT

• Hi

Thanks for your help. I had already read it but what I meant was I don't know how to insert a link behind a word or words sure as "here" or"view it here" 

I can do the link behind someone's name to their profile, as above.

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I really enjoyed reading your story tvman, thank you for writing it. As a relative ‘newbie’ I have become familiar with your name from your posts, but I was not aware of your story. Your writing also gave a good sense of the feeling of friendship, support and community that yourself and others bring to this forum. It’s a marvellous thing to do. 

• Hi

I use a tablet most of the time so to put a link in, this is what I do.

i have two tabs open, the first is where I’m going to reply to the post, and the second tab is the place I want to link to. I click on the 2nd and copy the address location at the top, I can then move back to the 1st and paste in the link.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/blogs/b/community_news/posts/it-s-heartwarming-for-me-when-i-see-in-print-that-someone-has-wished-me-well-it-s-better-than-any-pill-i-could-take-what-the-community-means-to-you-vol-1-tvman

When I do it that way it looks like it does above. If I’m working on a laptop in the reply section near paragraph, picture and bullet point symbols there are more buttons than I have on a tablet. One of which is a link, where you can paste in the link and then below rename how you want it to appear the “view it here” words that you mention. I haven’t got my laptop here at the moment so can’t fully explain but perhaps it’s enough for you to give it a try ? 

I think the others won’t mind you having  a practise by pressing reply. 

When I answered your post last night I was about to go to sleep, I cheated somewhat as one of the other champs asked if I’d put the link in to help you and all I had to do was copy and paste the link they had already done as vol 1. 

Best wishes and well done.

Take care KT

• Hi

Thank you so much for replying. It really is as I wrote it, as regards friendship, support and community. I hope to be around for a long time yet, I have a gardening project to finish Slight smile

Take care Squire

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi 

Thanks for the reply. I use my smartphone all the time, but it's not that smart. From my days studying part time for my degree, I remember the "insert link" section. Maybe I should dust down my laptop, but tbh it's quite slow and I can work faster on my smartphone. I mainly use it to keep in touch with the site and my family, then for internet searching.  I have a pretty good tablet so perhaps I'll have a look at that.

Thanks again for your help KT, much appreciated.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

It’s a cracking blog, , and I recommend everyone reads it 

xx