Miserable

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi just had a scan a couple of weeks ago and my ca125 count was up so the doc mentioned chemo again but go back in Dec see how the count is doing but if I go on chemo it will the same as last time which was good as just really tired on it and it will be third lot of chemo. I want to moan as everyone else moans to me about themself and life and their problems which can be hard sometimes for me as I try and keep cheerful and get on with it as I have arthritis in my knee and a frozen shoulder which can be painful. Anyway had a Macmil!liam coffee afternoon last Friday and raised a grand total of £625.00 which is going to be banked so think just tired of getting that altogether. I made Xmas cards and calendars to sell so having a wee rest from them just now.. Booked tickets for Phantom of the Opera when it comes to Edinburgh next Sept so hopefully I will still be around to see it.

So goodnight tomorrow is another day hope all are doing well. Lesley xx

• Hi Lesley

Don't think I've chatted with you before, always a first time for everything.

You're not having a good time at the moment, I know all about arthritis, I've had it for several years now, I was in my thirties and now I'm in my early sixties, so around 30 years now! Sometimes it's hard to know if the pain is down to arthritis or cancer or nerve pain. 

That's really looking forward to things, booking for next September. I saw Phantom of the Opera in London many years ago and it was fab Slight smile 

You can tell me all about it next year! Keep looking forwards in life. I'm planning to grow and show veg again next year, I haven't done it for 3 or 4 years because the back pain was too much but I'm going to make some raised beds and give it a go again, I miss the competition and the craic.

Take care Lesley

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Oh I know that feeling. Heading back into the chemo hole. I’ve done three lots of chemo over the years and I always feel a bit like Frodo the hobbit heading into the goblin mountain. What are they proposing? Taxol? 

I know what you mean about people moaning about trivial stuff too. You must be a good listener. 

Congratulations on raising a fantastic amount of money. I helped out at my neighbour’s coffee morning where we raised £300. I made patchwork tote bags to sell for Macmillan as well as brownies and a Victoria jam sponge. That was quite enough for me. 

Xx