My brother and best friend

• 15 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone

I haven't been around lately, my brother and, as I say, my best friend, died in the early hours of Monday morning after a short illness. At the moment we're guessing that it was a heart attack because the symptoms are those of a heart attack but the coroner can't access the latest doctor's records because of the bank holiday. I wish I could have done something but his family did get the out of hours doctor a couple of days ago and he prescribed antibiotics for a chest infection. 

I can't believe that an ECG wasn't done because looking back, the symptoms were so obvious. I had a heart attack 8 years ago so maybe I would be more aware of symptoms. Yesterday when I found out, I had two angina attacks and today I'm not feeling good. Maybe I'll ring the doctor soon. 

I have lost my best friend.

Tvman x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear this tvman .of course you are devastated ,my siblings are my best friends too 

I am Jewish and when someone loses an immediate relative the saying is " wish you long life " ,this is what I wish for you and all your family 

kindest thoughts and condolences

janet

xx

• Thank you Janet

I took my GTN spray again today, it widens the blood vessels in the heart. At the moment my heart feels like it has stopped racing and the tightness in my chest has gone.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I am so so sorry for your loss, there are no words to soften your grief but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and wishing you and your family well.

i am glad your heart feels better but perhaps speak to your gp - a “broken heart” can also be a medical thing brought on by loss and shock, so it is always good to get a medical opinion when you have had such a shock.

thinking of you today, Heather x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Tvman, I'm so, so sorry. You must be devastated.

You and your family will be in my thoughts at this heartbreaking time. 

Please do see your doctor for a check up.

Lots of love, Tina xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Tvman, I'm so, so sorry. You must be devastated.

You and your family will be in my thoughts at this heartbreaking time. 

Please do see your doctor for a check up.

Lots of love, Tina xx

• Dear tvman, so sorry to hear your sad news. The loss of a loved one is hard to comprehend. Wishing you love and strength xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Ah tvman, sorry to hear your news especially if it came out of the blue. 

Big hugs P xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Such sad news Tvman. Hard 2 believe sometimes how we really get kicked when we're down.

Take care & I'm sure all the gang r thinking of u & ur family.

Virtual hugs

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear tvman

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I don’t rightly know what to say other than please accept my sincere condolences. 

With love 

• Hi everyone

A very big thank you to all of you who has posted. I can completely understand that it's difficult to find words to say. Knowing that you care goes to help me with my grief.

When I was having a second angina attack yesterday, after having two the previous day, I rang the doctor and was asked to go to see them asap..

So my wife took me and the surgery nurse did an ECG, which was thankfully clear, then she said that I would have to see the doctor. That had me worried. However the doctor listened to what I was going through, checked my heart and chest and listened some more. I told her that I was very close to him and when my nephew was going through items from his pocket, he found a newspaper article about me and my retirement after serving my customers for 37 years. 

I didn't know he had that, that was a happy surprise. When I was told that he had died on Monday, I was stunned for 10 minutes then the tears came and I cried for 3 hours solid. I couldn't help it. I told the doctor all that and she chatted for a while and said for me to come any time, and then wrote a prescription for diazepam. Never had them before, just got enough for 3 days. 

Thanks again for your support, it means a lot to me to have you in my life. It's a lonely place sometimes. Love you all

Tvman xx

Love life and family.