The cat was the final straw.

• 106 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Bloody bissum is going to get put up for adoption if she's not careful! 

Sitting here in tears because I've just found she's pissed on the landing carpet, twice, because I've not changed her litter so that it's up to her specs. All because I'm on bed/couch rest at the minute and am not supposed to lift or carry anything.

So once I've pulled myself together, I'm going to have to change the litter in three litter trays tonight so no more carpet weeing happens. Then tomorrow I'll need to carry the hoover upstairs and hoover up the powder I've put on the puddles to soak them up. Then I'll need to clean the carpets to get rid of any remnants. Great bed rest huh? 

Fuck this shite! 

• Bleh.... 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Oh no ! What happened? 

Hugs xxx

• The abdominal swelling and pain got no better and I was, as of yesterday, 19 days post polypectomy. So they got me back in to be examined, weren't happy with what they found - as in no obvious reasons for it, and no explanation as it should have healed by now.

So they decided to keep me in to give me laxatives to clear me out, then have the big bosses, who had already been consulted on the phone and were stumped, check me over tomorrow morning and decide what extra tests to run to find out what's going on. 

However, the laxatives to clear me out? One sachet of Movicol. Lol. That's going to do sweet FA. 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• There's also a butcher of a nurse here who has no idea how to take blood! 

There's a third hole in the other arm too. She doesn't get to touch me again! 

Lass

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Jeez ! She really has no idea. Do not let her near you. A sachet of movicol? As if! If it was that simple, you wouldn’t be where you are. 

Good luck! 

Xx

• FFS!!!

If you made a soap opera about it all no one would believe you. Please tell me you're not in Jimmy's, but a tiny cottage hospital somewhere in the sticks so we can send in a rescue team....

Really hope you get what you need today Lass. Big hugs xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Hi ,

Have you got plenty of ink in your pen for when they ask you to fill in the satisfaction survey!  Why are some people allowed to get away with being crap at taking blood.  I have a blood test every 6 weeks and they can hit the vein first time every time so there is nothing wrong with my veins, the staff on the CT scanner much less skilled, some of the nurses on the wards are rubbish.  They should either retrain them or stop them using needles.

Try telling them that movicol has no chance but a gin cocktail with some fizz and sweetened rhubarb juice works wonders.  It may or may not move anything but it tastes nice and after a few you feel a lot better as well.

I hope that you can get out of hospital soon,

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Wow Lass, are you sure she is a nurse ? i wouldn't be having her near me again either. As for unexplained pain, i was called a malingerer in not so many words but still got the pain !!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Ah Lass. Sure this is all you need. Hope the bigwigs manage to get to the bottom of things soon. 

In the meantime ask for the vein whisperer, every ward has one Wink

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh no Lass! Totally shit news...

Get out soon or send an sos and we'll come rescue you! X