LDN

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi,has anyone had any experience of Low Dose Naltrexone?

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

I'm afraid my only knowledge of naltrexone is its use as a blocker for people trying to overcome heroin addiction.  I can't remember what the dosage was so would not know what a low dose was.

All the best

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hi Gragon.Yes,I believe it is used in alcohol/drug addiction treatment.Not sure about the dosage aspect but believe it is being used in the treatment of cancer also.Just wondered if anyone on here was taking it.

Cheers

Alan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Alan. I’m thinking that I’m going to give this a go. Been on website and it’s got to be worth a go. Chemo is just too much for me. Q of life down low after last treatment. 

Did anyone try it? Would help to hear if it’s helped anyone before I make my decision. Thanks. 

TriciaE

• FormerMember

Hi,I never went down that route as it's not suitable for me as I'm on morphine.A friend of a friend has something to do with LDN,not sure in what capacity but he has a lot more information.If you are interested I could see if he can be of any help?

yours

Alan

• FormerMember

ANY one heard of using CBD and LDN ?

Regards 

VIck 

• FormerMember

Hey Vick

i have used CBD and 1to1 oil. I have never heard of LDN. Anyway that being said I used it for roughly a year even before diagnosis but as my cancer progressed it stopped working on the pain. Not only that the 1 to 1 would actually make me paranoid. The CBD helped a bit for anxiety but I had to take way to much to have any effect on pain.  Everyone is different so don’t discount it because of my experience.  Some people find it extremely helpful. Here in Canada it’s not a drug that’s covered and it was $100 dollars Canadian for each bottle.  Hope the information is helpful.