Experience of limb perfusion chemotherapy?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hello everyone

My mum is being treated for Grade 3 melanoma and so far none of the treatments she's had seem to be stopping the growth of many new melanomas on her leg. She has had surgery to remove the first few, and electrochemo and now intralesional injections but they continue to spread up her leg (so far not yet to the lymph node).
I want to ask the doctor about isolate limb perfusion and wondered if anyone has experience of that? 

Thanks x

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has been diagnosed with melanoma and that nothing so far has stopped more developing.

I haven't had this treatment for my melanoma but I thought I'd suggest that you join and post this question in the melanoma group as there may be people there who have had this.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and ask questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your mum's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"