And So, The End Is Near...........

• 18 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I have had the most awful day today. (sounds selfish I know) I have had to collect from the Pharmacy a bag of Medication for my wife to help her through her last few day/hours. End of Life drugs as the Doctor called them,and then had to wait for a Medication Driver to be bought by the Nurse along with a D.N.R. slip. Bloody Hell I'm Going To Miss Her and its all moving too fast!

• Hi @billythedog, you do not sound selfish at all - just in the middle of a hugely challenging time. Wish I could wave a magic want and make things good again but the best I can offer is a thinking of you.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Steve. Thank You for your words. I should really be prepared for all this but I suppose I was hoping for a miracle for my Wife. The prognosis for Small Cell Lung Advanced is 12 months with treatment. I have had 9 with her and it's nearly over. Getting nearer day by day.

Take Care and God Bless

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Not selfish at all. A very brave man. I hope she slips away with you by her side. The syringe driver will keep her comfy. Thinking about you at this difficult time xxx

• Akela, Thank You very much for such nice thoughts. 

Take Care. Tomorrow is Another Day

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Your wife is lucky to have you your posts have shown you to be a kind and compassionate man reaching out to help others even when you are going through the worst times of your life. We are here to help you through this  Take care thinking of you both .

Granny Sue

• Granny Sue. All I can say to that is Thank You. My wife has made me the man I try to be. Without her I am nothing. She has been my wife for over 1/2 of my life and we have been married for 25 years. When all this started and I found this forum I was blown away by how many Kind and Considerate people were going through the same if not worse than we were. Every one has been brilliant and your post Granny Sue has choked me. Thank You.

God Bless Sue

BILLYTHEDOG
  • She will always be with you we never lose the people we love we carry them with us always .There is a poem cant remember the name of it but it says I am in another room just out of sight all is well . I kind of think of all my people there waiting for me its a comfort .

Granny Sue

• I think one of my wifes nephews read that at another funeral a few years back. I have heard it. 

Thank You Sue

God Bless

BILLYTHEDOG
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Billythedog

Absolutely heartbroken for you. You are not a selfish person but a caring loving one. You say she made you a man you are, never forget that. Share that good great fantastic personality with the world. The pain must be horrible, i will only go through it some time in the future, but the love we have will not go away. It makes us into better human beings and we can spread this to others and help. One day, when you are ready you will be able to help people through some type of volunteering. You will cherish her legacy of turning you into a better man. I grieve with you and wish you all the best.

• Sly Cooper. Thank You. That sounds like something that I could do. The Hospice wanted to bring her a hospital bed but her wishes were to pass at home. So I have moved our bed into the lounge and nothing is going to look hospitalized. All the meds are out of view and she can sleep when she likes. 

Yes she has made me the person I am and for that she will live on in me forever!

God Bless 

BILLYTHEDOG