Looking after my wife with advanced breast cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi,

I am looking after my wife who has been fighting BC since 2012. She has had chemo five times and today started chemo for the sixth time. She has just been prescribed Vinorelbine. She has been told that the best they can hope for is that this slows the progression of the cancer. Surgery is not an option as they wouldn't be able to get a good enough margin and radiotherapy could only be used in a very local area. I am hoping she can last until early march as we are expecting our first grandchild. 

• Hi , so sorry to hear about your wife. My wife's cancer is quite different in that is was of gynae origin but we knew from the start there would be never be a cure, indeed we were even told her kind of cancer does not often respond to chemo - but she is a wonder and they appear to have stabilised the cancer - we have been living with cancer now for six years and Janice is in really good health.

Fingers crossed for the Vinorelbine - with the grandchild on the way I am sure your wife will give everything to be there.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Thanks Steve,

good to hear about your wife, I’ll show your blog to mine. 

Rob