feeling devastated

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

hi, am hopi g that writing will stop me crying....drama queen I have always been! My partner of 17 years is 52 10 years younger than me and back in may was diagnosed with colorectal cancer with involvement in her lymph nodes in her pelvis. She was put on a curative path and finished her fourth round of chemo the other week. Tumour markers dropped dramatically and on cat scan tumour showed signs if shrinkage, all great news till oncologist said that something had shown on her liver. She did say it would be unusual for it to be anything sinister given the good progress made.  Went to see her yesterday and our lives changed again! She has a,met on her liver. We have now fallen off the curative path to a path where we have to learn to live with a disease and live our lives as much as we can and time spans where discussed!  My partner is truly amazing and her fight for life and her positivity is putting me to shame but ijust cant get past the massive change. i know i need to as i have to support her but at the moment am floundering.

• Hi there, what a horrible time you are both experiencing, I am so sorry. I hope that today you are feeling a little stronger. Take things slowly and try not to overthink is in my experience helpful,  I hope you find your path and that you are able to get the mental and physical support  that may be beneficial. Keep 09sting if it helps to write it down and  please know that others are reading and thinking of you xx

Love is eternal
  • Dear Witches, so difficult for you both having hope and being told that things are shrinking & progress to falling off the curative path is such a difficult change of direction.  Making an adjustment to the whole future shifting is a big thing to hear and try and come to terms with.  Thinking of you and her and wishing you strength as a couple to face what no one would want for you both. This is a good place to flounder.