Supporting each other

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all, I lost my beautiful mother to stage 4 metastatic breast cancer last week following the advancement of the disease into leptomeningenial disease. We were incredibly close, I was by her side throughout her 5 year battle with cancer and I’m terrified of navigating a world without her in it. 

Something that struck me over the last few weeks as I came to terms with the diagnosis and after speaking with Macmillan counsellors at the hospital, is that there seems to be a lack of face to face support groups for people who have lost their parents. I was given a leaflet for the loss foundation but he meet-ups are only monthly which seems a shame. I have friends who have sadly also experienced something similar and they felt the same way. I would absolutely love to meet others who have experienced something similar, to support one another, form new friendships and turn this loss into something less negative. 

I am based in Greater London and would be happy to host a meet-up locally or centrally (London). I really look forward to hearing from anyone interested. <Edit by admin>.