Carer partner problems

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

Are there any Colchester essex partners who are ever meeting up in person to talk please. 5 yrs into the struggling and no one understands life or the existence I lead with this. Help anyone please 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

Welcome to the online community and I am sorry to read the reasons that brought you to us.

My good friend  wanted to respond to you but unfortunately due to the nature of this group she is unable to do so but felt concerned enough to highlight your post to me.

Being a carer as you've found out can be a full time job and more and having to be a jack of all trades leaves us burnt out with no one understanding how you are feeling, how you are coping but help is available to you.

Essex County Council like all local authorities in England have a duty to carers to make sure you have all the help you need on a day to day basis and wonder if you've had your  Essex C.C. Carers Assessment

This is not to test your abilities but a chance for you, and if you want with your partner, to explain what you need to help you cope each day.

Essex County Council have online a section on What's on for carers in Essex. This section also lists others things that are available to you.

To give you an indication what is available in Colchester the following might be of interest Carers meetups in North Essex, they are very informal, no booking just turn up on the day and spend a couple hours with others in the same position as you who definitely will understand your feelings and the existence you lead.

As I don't know much about yourself or the person you care for so I wonder if you are able to leave your partner alone for a short time on the occasional afternoon and I feel you and I may have to address this issue soon but let's concentrate in finding somewhere where you can go that you feel you would be comfortable in attending however it might worth be looking at the meetups diary above and going along to one to dip your toe in the water and get a feel of them remembering it's informal and there is no obligation to go to every meetup the choice is left entirely up to you and I would think that you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

As a member of the Carers only forum group you can come along at any time, the door is always open just walk on in and join in any discussion you want but that's not all as the group is specifically for carers only to can come on in to rant and rave let off steam to express your feelings or just to have a chat, no one here will judge you as you can be assured that all the members here, as carers, truly understand what you are going through and will offer their help and support any time you need it and would ask you to keep in touch with us even just to tell us you've found a meeting or you've just spent another day in Colchester hospital lets you get your feeling out in the open.

I hope this of help to you and if you need to speak to someone my name's Ian and they call me The Bodach and I am here to help you in anyway I can at anytime.

My apologies for the delay in responding, hopefully I'll get to your messages a lot sooner in the future and give you a response.

Best wishes

Ian