Does anyone else find it hard to get out of bed every day?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I'm only 10 days into the journey with my husband's brain tumour so I realize that it's very early days but I'm feeling really awful in the mornings when I wake up - nauseous, exhausted and just reluctant to get out of bed.  It feels like a real effort to face the day.  I do manage to get going eventually and am planning a return to part time work next week to avoid sitting at home while husband in hospital.  Any tips for getting over this morning slump?  Thanks

• Hello and good morning.  No particular tips but  just saw you posted a few minutes ago. Hard to just keep going sometimes . And be kind to yourself in the midst of it all. I  hope it goes ok going back to work. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NellieJ

Thanks for your support - you are right - it is difficult to be kind to yourself - it feels a bit indulgent doesn't it?  Need to keep going for myself and two wonderful (grown up) children who are being incredible :-)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello 1957jools

Nelliej is right there aren't any real answers for this one although I do suggest that mental attitude makes a difference.The nausea and exhaustion is probably your body's reaction to your stresses at the moment. Remember we have the fight or flight reaction to get away from sabre tooth tigers! Unfortunately these days our foe is cancer but our bodies react in the same way.

Yes, you do need to be kind to yourself which is always easier said than done but caring (in my experience) is a marathon not a sprint. So buckle up for the ride but look after yourself as well. Eat right, get some rest and especially some 'me' time. A long shower or soak can make a difference to your well being. Find those things now as they will set you in a better position to cope.

Read other carers coping mechanisms, I found that a real help on the start on my journey looking after my mum. We're all here on the forum to support and be supported so use this as well. Wishing some rest xx