The mood today

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, today I have woke up with the thought 'the day can only get better'. Am I refusing or just coming to see what's right in front of my face. Myself and husband have been on this journey for over two years - incurable from diagnosis. Treatment stopped due to side effects about 6 months ago, last scan said stable, still present but no growth. Scan again very soon with test results later this month. Husband is sleeping a lot, gone off his food, feeling generally run down etc. Yes it could be that he is simply run down, getting a cold, chest infection perhaps but husband doesn't think this and let's face it he knows his body more than anyone. He thinks it's growing again and if that's the case there is no further treatment to be offered and it will be the final phase in our journey. Like I said the mood this morning is 'the day can only get better'

• Hi , I am sorry to hear how things are today, but admire your view that 'the day can only get better'. You've been through so much and given so much support to others on the journey and I feel sad to know how things are going but it sounds that you are feeling calm? Are you able to take time for you, to warm up the day?

I'm thinking of you and sending much love.

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• Hi LoobyLou49 (a chuckle to myself when I type your user name), the day got better. I took time out this morning to watch something on  the tv, then had a clean up. As other things are out of my control I adopted the thinking at least I can control the mess in the house, at least till the kids got home from school. I always feel abit better once the house is tidied and more organised. Yes I do feel calm but through the calmness comes overwhelmingly moments of what maybe described as a sad acceptance. We will see what the results are later in the month and take things from there that is all we can do. Thank you so much, your reply helped make my day better too.

• Hi , A chuckle is good. I understand the calm acceptance. We also are waiting on next month for results. I used to get really wound up but now I know that's just doubling up on worry. I had a facial yesterday and it was so relaxing, just the thing for getting the emotions in order.

Lots of love,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you