Widowed Friends Group, Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 124 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Hello All. I wonder if I might tell you about a Friendship Group Meeting for Widows/Widowers that we are planning to hold in Belfast on Saturday 14th September. This is simply a group for men and women who have lost their husband, wife or partner and would like to meet together with other people in the same position. We are "testing the waters" to see if people are interested or think there is a need for a group like this. If you would like more information, please check out the contact details on our website - www.wfni.co.uk, get in touch with us and we will provide further details. Thank you all, best wishes, Lorna xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Carl, that will be fine you can get in touch when you are free Jennifer 

• FormerMember

Xx

• FormerMember

Hi I'm meeting Jennifer on 1 st at dobbies if you would like to join. If that doesn't suit you I can meet you another time that works for you. Pam 

• FormerMember

No worries that will do fine 

• FormerMember

Lorna 

Is this group still running?

• FormerMember

Hi Lynn, There is a few of us meet up once a month on a Sunday and go out for Sunday lunch. We try to go to different places. I joined Way Up and that is how I got together with with other people from N Ireland. Way up is an internet group which you join  you can post things on their page and someone will get back to you. Most of the people are from the main land and they would have meetings over in the main land in different areas. Some of us from the group decided to organise a lunch here once a month. There usually about 8-10 of us who meet for lunch. I hope this is of some help to you you can always get in touch with me .

Jennifer

• FormerMember

Hi Jennifer

I would be interested in joining this group. I lost my husband almost 2 years ago from oesophageal  cancer. I live in Belfast and would be grateful to hear from you about the Sunday group.

Thank you

Christine

• FormerMember

Hi Christine ,I joined a group on line called Way Up eventually a group of us got together for Sunday lunch every month .Their is 10 of us and it’s a mixed group.Usually the lunches are put on that web site . I have just been told the next lunch hopefully will be the 9 th of September.My husband died from oesophageal cancer as well as Roberta in the group . You can e mail me any time. Jennifer x

• FormerMember

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for getting back to me. I cannot make the 9th Sept but hope to meet up with you and Roberta at the next one.

Thank you again. Christinex

• FormerMember

Hi Christine , I won’t be at the next one as I am waiting for an urgent hip replacement so hopefully I will be at the next . How can I get in touch with you to let you know about the Sunday lunches .Jennifer