Guilt!

• 21 replies
  • 26 subscribers

OK its about 7 weeks in and I'm OK (not really but WTF) 

I was invited for lunch yesterday by my employers and offered a new contract (teaching adults English) so all going well.

I am also a member of a group who meet to speak English once a week or so..(I'm in Italy) I was contacted on a certain social media site via the group about help with some English by an Italian woman of about my age. We met today for coffee and she is a very pleasant lady but now I feel desperately guilty. I have no intentions towards the lady in question and cannot ever see a time where I might think about anything like that.

So why am I so racked with guilt? I know Carla would have liked the lady but now I'm desperately guilty and all the agonies of Carla's passing are back. I had lunch with my employers (Two attractive Italian women slightly younger than me and felt nothing) The lady in question brought her daughter as well so it wasn't like a 'date'. 

So what the hell is going on in my head (I know that's a ridiculous question but I think i need to keep my ridiculous question standard up) anybody else done this??

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mccmcc

Hi M (sorry don't know your name)

I'm sorry to make light of this but I had to have a chuckle about  your last sentence -  in my head i can envisage tiny winding streets up to a mountain top with an endless queue of women all dressed in blace lace vying for your attention with home made pasta dishes and Italian desserts! Thank you for making me smile.

On a more serious note enjoy the drumming what a great thing to be able to do.

Take care of yourself and i hope you are having a good day 

Lizzy 

• mccmcc, I think it is your duty to keep us smiling and don't fend them off. A line up of Italian Women sounds quite a good thing.  But as long as you are doing what feels right. My partner started to say that he wanted me to find someone else and I refused to talk about it. But at least he thought there was a bit of life left in me to share with someone in the future. He held hope for me, even if I might not feel it in myself. At late 50s I still would hope for some fun.  It would be a Sham 69 if all fun was on the Skids. I would end up Ramoning if I never found someone to Clash with but not Strangle(rs). 

I Seem to be avoiding work  very well today. 

• Lizzy.

your not spying on me are you? Because that's exactly what its like! I'm in a small village but its more Alpine like..but the queue of widows is hideous..at night I have to dole out blankets and warm soup..

Please make no apology for getting a bit of amusement from my posting!

My name is Mick btw....  and if its come out that's the view from the kitchen window

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Nice post Nellie

Ill be Damned if i'm going to give up...

(Just of of interest i was the drummer on the "Devils Avocados" first album "Unholy Guacamole")

If you you tube "dont wanna be by the Devils Avocados" you can check it out!

• Hi NellieJ

I have been re-deployed from my usual job and so currently working on the domestic team at an older people's rehabilitation home. One of the sanitising products we use is called Pink Pig!  A male carer asked to borrow a bottle from me to use on a spill....later when I needed it I found him and asked where he'd hidden the Pink Pig!!!!  Don't know who went redder, him or me!! Luckily he saw the funny side as did I!!

• I'm laughing at Hiding the Pink Pig and also pleased that mcc has got his drum kit out. 

These threads have got me through a real slog of a day having to read a 350 page document on a screen.  

I have been rocketing between tears and laughter all day in a rather unsteady manner for a variety of reasons, so thank you  and a bit of safe innuendo and banter has been what I have needed. 

• My colleague and I had a 'deep clean' to do after a resident had left this afternoon. We went in the room and I streamed Radio 2's Gary Davis sounds of the 80's.  Two women in their 50's prancing round the room using a mop and brush as dance partners!  A day at work doesn't get much better than that!!  Keep safe and strong x

• Gary Davies! I don't believe it, back on Radio 2? He is? OK that's it I'm never setting foot back in the UK ever again!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mccmcc

A message to you all 

A HUGE THANK YOU 

You have all brightened my day and really cheered me up  from getting legs over bikes, to pink pigs, soup eating widows competing for attention and dancing with mops.

Mick I'm not a spy honest - I'm suffering from severe view envy now though I have to confess. Really isn't the same in the land locked Midlands and now I have to find a new radio station to listen too as well ... Gary Davis that is a blast from the past.

I do have a reputation for putting my foot in it and saying inappropriate things cant think of anything at the moment but I'll be back when I do!

Take care all enjoy your evenings and once again thank you for being there

X

• Haha, yep Friday night at 22:00 hrs, I tend to stream it at a later date.  Must admit his chatter annoys me but the music... especially the early 80's takes me right back to my 'youff'