The way forward

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Hi, 

I haven't posted much here for a while although I  look in every now and then.

It is almost 2 years since my husband died after two and half years of bowel cancer treatment. At first I was okay with everything and felt I had done a large part of my grieving before he died knowing from the outset that he was not going to recover from it.

My first year I spent getting everything in the house in order as I would like to move eventually. This last year to fill the time, I took on an allotment and it has been enjoyable getting that in shape but now I have lost interest and will be giving it up. 

During lockdown I have started painting the garage which required lots of preparation but slowly progressing as no hurry to finish.

I applied for part time work but was unsusseful realising that against a lovely young vibrant applicant,  age and experience didn't count! However I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be! 

Now I am feeling that I don't know the way forward in this new life. I have friends and go out, but endless coffee and cake isn't enough. Have thought of volunteering for something but that's doesn't  inspire me enough to do it. My children are grown up and no grandkids which seem to occupy most of my friends time.

Will things eventually drop into place? Will I become comfortable with life as it is? Will I see the way forward? How have others made their way in their new life?

Lockdown has given me too much time to think. I thought by now I would see the way ahead but all I see is a fog!

Kathy X

• It's only been a year for me I do work but have no interest in it all the hobby I had I have tried and got no enthusiasm for them if I could only get off this bus for a little while it might help hope you find a way forward and find some sort of peace 

Ian