How to cope with the loss of your partner

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 65 replies
  • 26 subscribers

i found myself in a place where I was the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. Then my partner got diagnosed with terminal cancer and she unfortunately passed away in November. I am still struggling to come to terms with that and I don’t know what to do to make things seem even that slightly bit easier. Some days I feel like I don’t want to carry on because then I can be back with her. I have tried to get some help to talk to someone about this but when I first tried to get this help it was nearly a year wait to see someone. Obviously now there’s no chance of seeing anyone with the current situation. I am finding that hard too as I see reminders of her all over the house, which I never want to forget, but being on my own I just sit and think about everything.

this is the first time I have used anything like this, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to anything that could help? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison 

You have had good day today getting everything done and you went for a walk too  and shopping 

What on list for tomorrow you seem to be doing really well today very positive  do you feel better 

take care 

Martin x

• Hi Martin,

Boring tomorrow, I have been asked to swap my shift! So work!!! Lol

Have a good day yourself

Take care Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi AT

Hope you managed to have your shower and cooked your lunch, and spent a lovely afternoon in the garden, the weather has been lovely.

If it had been raining the past few weeks and this lock down, think we would all have been committed.by now.

Tomorrow is another day.

Take Care Elliexx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison 

I will be at work like usual another day lol  you have to do shifts 

when I get home will think what’s for dinner tonight and wonder what will I do when I start to do better with life  

have a good day too take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

are you feeling better now 

and I’m already mad 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Hi Martin

Yes i am, think i was just so worn out trying  to do everything cannot do it anymore, i need my sons here to help me, and they will, so took it easy yesterday just reading, thanks for asking.

You did make me laugh already mad, do not worry think in this journey we are feel like that at times, kept saying i am cracking up, the amount of talking i do to my hubby is CRAZY, lol.

Have a good day.

Take Care Elliexx

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

I do find doing stuff she would hard like ringing people up sorting things out 

I have not turned the washing a funny colour lately so that is good   You have a couple of chill days 

it will better one day I hope I still talk to her nothing wrong with that 

have good day too 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Hi everybody 

How has everybody been   You have all been very quiet  this week  have you all been keeping busy and being positive are you all okay 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Good afternoon Martin!

been ok - a hard week and today finally was able to go and visit mums grave as they’ve reopened at weekends as of today. Was sad to see everything overgrown so fast.

Just can’t get out of my head how fast everything happened and how mum must have been feeling / thinking. Just gets harder and harder, not easier. 

anyway the sun is out and have mowed mums lawn and cooked some of her favourites

hope you’re ok and everyone else is doing as well as can be?stay safe 

ajay x

• Hi Martin,

I've been checking the last couple of days and no posts! I thought everyone must be having a better time than me LOL.

How have you been?

I've been at work, off today so getting a few jobs done. Weather is lovely again so might go for long walk later. Not sleeping well at the moment, so feeling constantly tired which doesn't help my mood much.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Ali x