It seems the waiting never ends

• 30 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Today seems to be going so slowly, despite the hour going forward. Does anyone else feel they have spent  forever just waiting, waiting, waiting. I can't remember when I last felt normal, when I last felt happy when I last looked forward to anything. Having said all this, you could offer me anything  remotely possible at the moment and it wouldn't make a jot of difference. Perhaps it's not my situation it's just me.  Hugs, Pam x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Sheila I have really struggled today. Never felt so lonely and frightened. When I watch the news there are people a lot worse off but the isolation and  feeling so lonely is awful We never thought we would be in this position but we are. i dont think our lives will ever be the same

xxxxx

• FormerMember

You said it right there - Prison that’s how it feels!

Sheila x

• FormerMember

Our loved ones have gone cant see daughters and grand children and friends

whats the point of life anymore

xxxxx

• FormerMember

I live in london

A 13 year old has died 

His parents could not be with him

I can not imagine

• That is devastating. This is the sort of thing that upset me the other day when I couldn't stop crying. I did think parents if children by were allowed! A bit too harsh I feel to keep them away!

May he RIP. God bless him xxx

• Truly heartbreaking, cannot imagine what they must be going through, not being able to be with their child. There's been a 19 year old too. Frightening. x

• It sobering that the outside world has changed so much and so much more difficult for people. I am grateful that we got a funeral just before shut down. However,  I am asked not to collect his ashes at the moment and did and wanted him home. 

I am relieved to hear that I am not going round the twist wearing his clothes, however he was 6'3 and 20 stone before ill and I am about 5'6 so not the best fit.  I told a couple of non-bereaved friends who did not understand. 

Thoughts out to those struggling today and not able to touch, smell, see, talk to the one that has gone. 

• Hi Nellie J, there are no rights and wrongs, we just get through this the best we can. Other people may not understand, but I hope  we will become more understanding, if only they could walk a mile in your shoes. That you are able to feel for others at this moment  speaks volumes of how big your heart is. Xx

Love is eternal
  • I had a new thought today... if I were able to get his ashes I would likely trip over them.  He was always leaving things lying around the house, not very tidy.  

I did something that helped today... I rang up his best friend  who I only saw occasionally but got on with and said I wanted to talk about him. His friend welcomed it as he'd not be able to talk much about how much he missed him too. Felt like I got him back into focus. 

I am swerving friends who are more focused on me as I  need time to talk about him and how to manage being the one left who holds the relationship that there was. I miss touching his ears. They were really big. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NellieJ

Hi Nellie J

I managed to get my Bob's ashes back during this social distancing, had to go in the back door and they were put on a table for me to collect so no physical contact with anyone and I feel like i'm socially isolating with him now which I find very comforting and this is someone who was adamant I didn't want his ashes in the house.

I miss talking about my Bob also and I miss his big strong arms and broad back (Before he got so very ill and wasted away to a skeletal man) but funnily enough my memories of him are only the strong man that he was and not the very thin frail man that he was at the end so i'm pleased that I think like this it's a comfort to me. Think my brain has blocked off the end of his life - Brains are a very complex thing thank goodness.

Glad you managed to find someone to talk to about you beloved husband and it helped you.

Sheila