WOKE UP FEELING DIFFERENT

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 27 subscribers

So after yet another evening of staying up too late and eating yet more junk food and when I did go to bed I held m y husbands photo and his shirt and sobbed and sobbed as I always do.

Then this morning I woke up and felt different! Can’t explain it but I just felt “so this terrible cancer has ravaged you and taken you away but I’m not going to let it take me away also” I felt stronger and that I now need to go on My journey and take my boy with me! I always felt he was looking down on me at nights watching me cry and this would make him sad. 
I got up changed the bed, went to spin, decided I would start to eat healthy and try and regain some form of control.

well that’s the plan - I might message on here tonight and all this positivity might have gone out of the window but for the next couple of hours this is how I’m feeling.

its 6 weeks since I lost my darling husband but I feel if I don’t try and get a grip this disease will have taken me at the same time.

Sheila

• Hi I really understand where you all are comeing from ...it will be 6 months on Tuesday since I lost by hubby nothing seems the same ...I miss him so much he was my best friend.and always looked out for everone and to make matters worse his shed is letting in a lot of water 

he was a great fisherman and I have spent most of week trying to sort it out as he did that meny kind of fishing ...have gave a lt away but finding it harder to part with it now ..brought a lot into house and said I would not as it's damp ..know I will need to keep going as would be so upset if it got wasted ...

just feel like I am kind of letting him go  ...and I really tearfully at night this is one hellish road we all are on ...and assome say we don't have any plans for holiday etc and don't think I could go alone yet ...I really think I have got to keep busy and stops me thinking