Christmas

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi All, 

The Christmas is on the doorstep and I still haven't put the tree up. My sister, who lives abroad, suggested me to put some decorations up, just so the room looks a bit more cheerful. So I got in the boxes from the garage and now I am sitting in a middle of a mess not knowing, what I am doing. Opened a few boxes and took some things out, which brought up memories. Many of the Xmas decorations we bought from charity shops or on sale. I didn't realise, this would be such a hard thing to do. My husband loved Christmas and the Xmas ligts around the house. Now I cannot find the inspiration nor motivation. 

We moved to our new home only a year ago and had only one Christmas here. The loneliness is a horrible feeling. Its ripping my heart apart. It will be 5 month next Saturday, since I lost him. 

I'm sorry for sobbing. I know, none of us has got it easy. 

Love xxx

Andrea xxx

• How sad and unhappy we all are. If we didn’t love our husbands so much we wouldn’t feel this way. I too have neglected my parents. My mum doesn’t remember and I miss her even though she is still here. My dad is coping so well but with no help from me although he understands. I want this to all go away and I’m tired and sad at being so sad. One day at a time. 

• Thank you, Andrea. My mum is also 76. We have so many things to navigate through this grief, it's unreal and overwhelming. Hopefully, day by day, little by little we'll get stronger.

Big hug to you all xx

Dalia

I am I, and you are you,
    and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
    Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.