f**kitydoodahdangly

• 0 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Apologies for the swear word in the title. Had a crap day today. I am so behind at work and need some proper time off. 

I met up with a friend today and broke down what I needed to address, as follows;

It is now seven months on and I have still not completed probate forms fully.

I get on with my stepson and he has been very understanding. He called me yesterday for an update and that was it - I felt overwhelmed with all the things I have not done to date. 

Its almost like I have avoided dealing with probate matters but I know it is more like I yet to gain my focus back at work etc. fully.  I fill in forms for a living but this is just too close to home. 

Before Richard was diagnosed we were in the process of updating our place. In fact my first reaction was to redecorate as soon as possible. I had some health issues earlier this year which stopped me in my tracks. I then decided, being mindful my stepson, not make changes too soon. However, I now feel the need to make the place my own and finish off what we started nearly two years ago. I am usually very hands on but acknowledge I need to delegate the task to the professionals this time round!

I am also still debating whether to get in touch with PALS. We accepted the terminal diagnosis last year and made the most of the time we had left together. I think I just need to understand a bit more as there are so many gaps.  However, I also sometimes think it does alter the course of events. 

Seeing bereavement support later this week as there is more to it. Yes, on a day to day basis, I am getting on with positively but unfinished business is getting me down lately. I don't think the above matters can be on the back burner anymore.

Going to focus on probate forms tomorrow, the rest can wait! Apart from working out some time off work in the near future and making a list of things to do. 

Must sign off now as off to my yoga class.

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx