Losing the love of my live

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi there. I’m finding it hard to cope losing my hubby a week ago. All I want to do is lock myself in the house. I can’t see how I can live without him m.

• Hello My Ben.  You haven’t filled in your profile or given any information in your post so it is very hard to know what to say to you.  One week it is still very raw and will be for some considerable time I am afraid.  This is a very hard journey, but you have come to the right place for support and somewhere to vent when you need to.  I am sure you are probably busy with arrangements for the funeral at the moment and lots of forms and paperwork, but the most important thing is to look after yourself.  Most things can wait, just deal with the urgent things.  You will see this a lot on here, but just take one day, one hour or one minute at a time.  Don’t look too far into the future and don’t make any big decisions for at least a year unless you have to.  It will get easier, believe me, but for the time being take care of you, eat when you can, sleep when you can and rest when you can. Love Dolly x

• Hello Ben,

I lost my husband one week ago too i am feeling the same. My mum and dad are old and just seem to be going about as normal . I am at a total loss . What is wrong with this world.

• Hello My Ben,

Firstly, I would like to say how very sorry I am for the loss of your loved one. Please accept my sincere condolences.

I am so glad you have found this forum here as all of us on here have experienced a very similar situation and are still learning to come to terms with the loss and their new reality. We are a very nice and supportive group, always there for each other when we feel the need to share and talk about how we are feeling, and it is very helpful to do that as you may hopefully find in time.

It is very, very early days for you. I hope you have relatives and friends around you who can support you at this very difficult time, and please try to look after yourself, eat little and often, make sure you drink enough water, and perhaps, even though it may be very difficult at the start, try and go out a little every day just to get the fresh air and to give your body a little exercise because your mind is very busy at the moment and it is good to keep the body busy too.

Please keep posting,

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hello Scared-wife,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

It is very early days for you. I am glad you have found this forum where you can share your thoughts and feelings and experiences and find people who are going through a very similar situation to your own. This can be such a comfort. I have been finding this group absolutely wonderful since my husband passed away last May.

Look after yourself; eat enough, drink plenty of water, try to rest as you can and maybe do something physical like walking or light exercise to do keep the body active - because your mind is very active at the moment I would imagine. And keep us posted.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Thank you so much for your advice Mel. I have lots of family and friends. I just won’t let them in. I want to be by myself. Everything happened so quickly with Ben. He was told he had cancer, then told he hadn’t got it. He was working away thinking he was ok. One hospital made a big mistake. I’m so hurt and angry about this. I need to make sure this doesn’t happen to other poor soul. 

Love, Dolores

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

How heart breaking. I'm sure that as soon as you feel able family  and friends  will be there for you. We will also be here whenever you feel you can reach out to us. With my heart felt sympathy xxx