Partner died

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

My partner died 8 weeks ago and I can't deal with it, I miss her so much, words cannot express how much I am missing her deep down im struggling, I can't wait to be with her, I can't believe she's gone 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

We spoke two weeks ago and I can really understand how much your are missing your partner these past two weeks must have been really difficult for you not being able to talk to anyone and share your feelings. 

Would it help you if you were to start to tell us more about your partner and the life you enjoyed together, the things you enjoyed doing and the happy times you had. You know that you can come on here at anytime and let your feelings out, no one will set out to judge you, no one will think you are being silly but we will listen to you and try an engage with you in conversations about your partner. It doesn't matter what you say the important thing is that you feel free to open up and let it all out whether it be just chatting, ranting, raving or just let off steam bottling things up at this time is not helping you. If you would like to befriend me you could start to private message me one to one, click on my username top right and send me a friend request and will accept by return.

When we spoke a few weeks ago I mentioned that you could speak to one of our friendly advisers on our telephone support line and when I say speak I do mean speak they will listen to you and only give any advice you ask for, they can be contacted on 

0808 808 000

Every day of the week including the Bank holiday between 8 am and 8 pm

MACMILLAN SUPPORT LINE information

Another good source of support information is our page Macmillans Support in your local area the idea here is you open up the page enter your postcode and a list of support that is available in your area appears and you look for a group who can offer you can get you some support it maybe a Macmillan group or another organisation and very often you will find a bereavement support group close to you, you will also have the opportunity to extend the area if there is nothing suitable for you. You may also find that your local hospital may have a Macmillan Cancer information office where you can pop into a have a chat with the nice people there.

Another good organisation for support is 

Maggies and it could be that they have a centre close to you, if you open up the page a list of their centres will appear and you maybe able to contact them and make arrangements to go along for a chat and maybe join in one of their bereavement support groups.

I know that you are waiting to start a cruise bereavement support session in about 4 weeks but I hope by making contact with the resources I've listed above that we can get you into something before then and you can start to get some support.

Please keep in touch with us and please take my genuine offer on board that I am here to listen to you at any time you feel the need to offload on someone either on here or by private message.

You can contact me on this thread at anytime by doing the following  (type) @Bodach (and when you see) a little blue box (click on it and it will change to)  in your message and I will be alerted AND I will come back to you or you can contact me on the friends messenger whichever you prefer, but please keep in touch as you feel the need to, I sincerely want to help you.

Ian

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you