3 Months on worse than ever

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Dear All

I thought I was getting there but all of  a sudden I feel back to day one without my darling. Maybe cos it's Spring & weather is getting warmer & brighter butI am missing him so much more. Watching plants coming to life makes me happy but can't share it. I know I have so much more than others but I would give it all to not be where I am today so lonely & unhappy. I am trying so hard to make a new life but it's not what I want I just want him back, but that's not possible so I have to try & live & make "a new life" for myself I don't want a new life I just want my old life back. So sorry but I am so unhappy don't know how to cope.

love & hugs 

jojo x

• Hi Jojo and all.

I am sorry, Jojo, that you have been feeling so sad lately. This is absolutely understandable. Three months is not a long time and you have lost someone so very dear to you with whom you have shared so many experiences and with whom you have created so many memories. There are times when we feel overwhelmed by our grief and there are times when we feel quite okay. It is all part of the grieving process. I would suggest: Get and buy some plants that you know you would both enjoy. It will make you very sad but it will also make sure that your grieving process is flowing rather than stagnant, if you know what I mean. I think we have to feel our pain to be able to move through it and with our grief, do you know what I mean? For example, I am just back from a weekend in Germany with my parents and my brother. It was a wonderful time, really, really special, and I must say we had a lot of fun! Now that does not mean that I did not think of my husband all the time and with varying degrees of sadness because he wasn't there to experience it all, but it was possible for me to experience everything and be happy. This will be the same for you one day and for everyone here.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hi Dutsie,

Your post from when you were sitting in the garden summarises so well how I have been feeling for a long time now. Sometimes things are really beautiful, but there is always the sadness with the beautiful things, I am out of the house too most of the time and give myself little time to reflect and be still, but more and more I am able to do it as time goes on and I am more willing and able to embrace my pain.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Hi All

Thank you each one of you for replying to my post I really appreciate your kindness so much. I am feeling better after reading all your words of advice . I realise we are all feeling the same & it does help it's just that I always thought it would never happen to me but it has & I still can't believe my Darling isn't here & this is my life now. Very hard to accept isn't it. 

Thank you all so much for helping me I have listened to all you have said & do feel not so alone now.

love & hugs

jojo xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear Jojo,

I lost my George 1 year and 12 days ago. I had let my garden go to seed, due to sickness of my own but also because of my loss of George.

This weekend for the first time in over a year, I went to the garden center and bought plants and planted them. (as recommended by roman and others) Things are llooking very much better. And looking at them makes me happy.  

So may I also suggest that you take a friend and  just buy  2 or 3 plants that would have made both of you happy.

I will be a good and happy connection- at least I have found it to be.  

I search for  a bit of Joy everyday.

Hugs

Millie