A Bleeding Nuisance

• A Step Forward

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I hope everyone has had a lovely christmas, however they chose to spend it. 

I had a fairly quiet christmas with my hubby, our 2 children, my little chunky monkey who is 3 months old and blissfully ignorant and my cheeky monkey who is 3 going on 13, has far too much energy and is too clever for her own good and my sister in law.

Christmas was lovely with my pain behaving, lots of food and presents and fun and…

• Treatment planning

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So today was my appointment with the consultant clinical oncologist; who will be organising my chemoradiation. I was feeling very relieved to finally have this appointment as I felt that it marked the end of diagnostics and the beginning of treatment; my move from contemplation to action and the start of my journey to kicking cancers butt. However I came away feeling deflated, more waiting for appointments for more…

• Last diagnostic test results

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I had my PET-CT results and my examination under anaesthesia today. 

The latter involved leaving home at 6am, hungry, thirsty and looking awful (no make-up is not a good look on me) in order to have a general anaesthetic (sooo pleased it was a general as I needed a good sleep). Whilst under general my consultant checked my cervix, bladder and bowel for any signs of the cancer having spread.
    I am so relieved to…

• Reality

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I am writing this from solitary confinement (my bedroom), eating chinese (that was left outside the door by my hubby) whilst my hubby is looking after our children; as I am radioactive post PET/CT scan. 

During the above procedure they basically inject you with radioactive sugar (hope I don't get a superpower from this, the power to sweeten tea is rubbish lol) and look at how your tissues react; as healthy and…

• First week officially with cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So it has been 1 week, all my nearest and dearest know; which was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do especially tell my hubby and mum that I have an inoperable tumour; wouldn't wish that conversation on anyone although we all dealt with it better than expected. 

My work now know, both current and future (that was tricky trying to explain to your new boss that you will still be starting but you…