Mums the word

• Hope

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So.....it's been over a week since mum died and my last post was titled final chapter but I still want to write. Maybe it will help, it might not but anythings worth a go. And is also fuelled by a wee Beveridge but here goes.

Mum had a rare form of brain tumour which no one has been known to survive .........ever.

Yet even when mum was ill in intensive care and the doctors were having conversations with us about…

• Final chapter

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to write.  Mum died.  She was so strong and brave and she fought and clung on to life right till the end but her body couldn't cope any longer. I was there and am so grateful I got to say goodbye properly.

It's hard because we knew it was a 'terminal' illness but she was doing so well we thought we had a lot more time with her. She literally went downhill very suddenly…

• Duvet day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I want today to be a duvet day where I can hide from the whole world and not have to face my life. A day where I could hide under the duvet and cry and scream until all the emotions of my broken heart are gone. Broken heart from mums diagnosis and a broken heart from a broken relationship.

I wish I could but someone invented work and capitalism.......... so today I will have to get up, go to work, hide when I cry…
  • Music

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Throughout my life music has had a huge impact. It's made me feel happy and sad. Sometimes when I listen to a song it transports me straight back to a memory as if I was there.

I heard a beautiful song for the first time tonight - I miss you by the missing people choir.  This song was written to bring hope for the people left behind after someone goes missing.  People interpret songs and lyrics differently.  Listening…

• A little bit of perspective and hope

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This weekend I went away to celebrate one of my childhood best friends birthdays. It was so good to catch up with everyone and so good to be able to celebrate a milestone birthday with her.

Her mum died very suddenly a few years back.  She had a massive aneurism, went straight into a coma and didn't wake up. I was sat looking at my best friend and thinking what an absolutely amazing person she is.  She didn't get to…