Final chapter

Less than one minute read time.

This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to write.  Mum died.  She was so strong and brave and she fought and clung on to life right till the end but her body couldn't cope any longer. I was there and am so grateful I got to say goodbye properly.

It's hard because we knew it was a 'terminal' illness but she was doing so well we thought we had a lot more time with her. She literally went downhill very suddenly overnight.  I literally don't know how to carry on.  My life ended when she died.

The blog I had started writing on here, only A few months ago, was for me to vent my emotions as I didn't want mum to see me upset.  I had thought about saving all the blog posts and maybe publishing it as some kind of book one day to help other people experiencing the same and donating the proceeds to Macmillan.  But it's a book and blog which will never be finished.

So I guess this really is the final chapter in many ways.  F*** you cancer.  One day we'll beat you and you wont hurt anyone again.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so sorry, that's very sad. I feel for you, just take it day by day and hopefully with each passing week your pain gets a little less.

She sounded very brave and it's such a dark time dealing with any of these horrible cancerous diseases that any of us have on here.

Charlie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to read your news.  My condolences to you.  I'm glad you were able to be there at the end, hopefully that may bring you a little comfort.  Sending you a hug.  

• I'm glad you had a chance to say goodbye and if your mother went quickly and pain free count that as a blessing. You would not want to have a memory of your mother suffering a painful slow ending. I hope you find peace and comfort remembering the happy times you shared together, thinking of you at this time.

Kind regards Frank

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear this, all my love xxx

Blueeric