Music

Less than one minute read time.

Throughout my life music has had a huge impact. It's made me feel happy and sad. Sometimes when I listen to a song it transports me straight back to a memory as if I was there.

I heard a beautiful song for the first time tonight - I miss you by the missing people choir.  This song was written to bring hope for the people left behind after someone goes missing.  People interpret songs and lyrics differently.  Listening to this song had me in tears for very different reasons than it was intended for! I miss my life before cancer rudely invaded it, i miss my life as it was, I miss my mum as she used to be. But more than anything I will miss her so incredibly much when she is no longer here.  

If songs and memories could transport us anywhere we wanted I wish that I could be transported back to when I was a child. To happy times. To feeling safe and loved times. To carefree times.  That can't happen so the rest of the night will be spent finding a happier song where I can dream of those happy memories.

Anonymous