Warm your teaspoon

• Rest

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So if anybody is looking, Husband was diagnosed with bowel in January this year. He has done 4 cycles of capec and oxy. Quickly followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy combined with the capec. (no time off for good behaviour).

Against the odds he has continued to work full time. Mobile service technician type job. Not always convenient. 

He met an elite band of folk during his visits to Addenbrookes. Hats off to all who…

• Norfolk

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So haven't posted for a while because nothing of note has happened. 

Bob the blob is now getting blasted with radio waves. 5 days in and Husband has the tickling sensation on the zapped area of skin of mild sunburn. E45 or similar has helped (thank you Hiloa for suggesting pre radio application). His first appointment ran really late but the following 4 have been close to schedule. 

He is trying to work out how many…

• fuzzy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not a real blog, just a blog in progress - - - - in my head. Which has been pretty fuzzy of late. 

Although the fickle finger of fate has pointed its tip at my husbands beautiful behind (in my world only my opinion counts) the medical people who know stuff say the dodgy finger is responding to the cytotoxins and considerably reducing. 

He has coped with Oxy & Capec really well and I almost feel fake for being here when…

• Moved

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last July me and mine moved from the home I'd been at for 16 years to a pretty little 'forever' home just out of town. The home had it all . . the only obvious drawback in these environmental times being storage heating and an open fire as opposed to nice clean controlable (2 ll's?)gas. 

Our 2 year plan was to save and get central heating. In under 6 months cancer got us. 

Not had chance to 'integrate…

• Stickers

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not even half way through 4th chemo cycle when letter drops on the mat for first consult oncology appointment for the chemoradiotherapy at Addenbrookes. This Friday! Short notice for work again. He can go as appointment from his job. Wonder if I can get a half day hol. I've not been keeping count of mine and  haven't even been to all appointments. Find out tomorrow I guess. Need to be at some of these for when he has…