The mysteries of Mo

• October 13th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Kerren the respite carer came in today on time and polite and even said "Good morning" to me.I explained about Mo's cancer being a lot worse and now it was just a 'matter of time',days and weeks unfortunately she was also very surprised at the progression of the cancer.I was going to cancel my respite but my neighbour Brian, talked me out of it he said I needed to get out and even while I was out that I could come back…

• October 12th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Doctor Morrell came round today to explain to me about the Just-in-case (JIC) medicine box and see Mo as he has to see her so there are no complications with the death certificate.Don't want to go there,but now it is something everyone who knows Mo and I must face.I was quite glad it was Dr Morrell and not Dr Munro who came up,Mo doesn't like Dr Munro luckily she was on holiday.This is the same doctor who Mo saw first…

• October 11th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

To date this is one if not the hardest blog to write,where do I start?.We have had to increase Mo's steroid dosage from 12mg to 16mg per day.Unfortunately the cancer seems to be spreading far quicker than the steroids are working,if they are.This isn't normally what happens the progression of Mo's cancer and the subsequent increase in steroids is a lot quicker (less than 6 weeks)than us and anyone,including Kath the Macmillan…

• October 8th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Paul phoned today saying he wouldn't be up today as he had all his bills to pay.The one day I was hoping he was visiting,he wasn't,normally it wouldn't of been a problem.Today was my mums birthday and I was hoping to get her a card and a present and take it up to her as I hadn't been able to get them yet.Luckily I had the foresight to ring my mum earlier and wish her a happy birthday but it would of been nice to actually…

• October 7th 2011 (pt2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After Katy and I had a further conversation after talking to Mo in the bedroom we decided not to increase her steroid dosage yet. However Katy did suggest that I gave Mo her current dosage earlier in the afternoon,about 2-2.30pm rather than at 6pm and thought that it may help Mo sleep better at night as the tablets would be absorbed in her system by then.We needed to get her indigestion problems,caused by the steroids…