October 7th 2011 (pt2)

1 minute read time.

After Katy and I had a further conversation after talking to Mo in the bedroom we decided not to increase her steroid dosage yet. However Katy did suggest that I gave Mo her current dosage earlier in the afternoon,about 2-2.30pm rather than at 6pm and thought that it may help Mo sleep better at night as the tablets would be absorbed in her system by then.We needed to get her indigestion problems,caused by the steroids,under control first and moving the time of the steroid dosage to earlier would help.It would allow me to give Mo a gastro-resistant tablet (omeprazole) and line her stomach and hopefully ease the indigestion.I realise Mo will have to take her tablets FOUR times a day,a bit of a pain really but you won't hear Mo complaining.Katy also wondered if I wanted to get a night carer in once a week so I can get at least one nights decent sleep.The only problem with that is we live in a one-bedroomed bungalow and there is nowhere else for me to sleep without being disturbed or automatically waking up.I said to Katy I would think about it and let her know,if and when I make a decision.As WE are talking about sleep,Katy has also helped me to try and get a one-off grant from Macmillan towards a new bed which I didn't even know Macmillan did.

Anonymous