The mysteries of Mo

• November 2nd 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It wasn't a particular good day today went to visit Mo with Sue my neighbour but while we were there Mo was in quite a lot of pain. Its always very hard for anyone visiting to see Mo growling and grimacing when her pain flared up as Sue and I did today. All you can do is try and calm Mo down by stroking her head whilst holding her hand,something Sue was doing continually and it surprisingly works. I immediately informed…

• November 1st 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum and I went to visit Mo today while we were there Carol turned up,I was expecting her but she arrived a bit later than she thought. We all went into Mo's room,normally I try not to swamp Mo with visitors but I thought 'What the hell!!'it won't hurt just this once as long as we all don't try to talk to Mo at once lol. Carol said her Hello's to Mo and gave her some kisses,well several actually and Mo was just as happy…

• October 31st 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wanted to speak to a doctor while I was at the Hospice today had some questions playing on my mind and needed a few answers. Are we prolonging the inevitable?, Did Mo run a higher risk of having a cardiac arrest?, Was there any limitations on morphine dosage? amongst a few other questions. Normally speaking to a doctor wasn't a problem because there were always at least two doctors floating around somewhere in the Hospice…

• October 30th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

For a change I went to visit Mo in the afternoon normally I visit in the mornings only because Ewa was working in the afternoons over the weekend. We try and work it as best we can so at least somebody's with Mo on and off all day,well for at least 3-4 hours each time at least. The nursing staff at the hospice do a brilliant job when were not there which makes things a little easier for us all. I turned up today and there…

• October 28th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went to see Mo today didn't see her yesterday,she sort of recognised me but she was very sleepy due to the increase in the morphine dosage in the syringe driver. The nurses increased the morphine dosage as Mo's tumour was giving her a lot of pain,to the extent Mo at times laid on her side,a rarity,normally sleeps on her back and she was very tearful,Bless her!!. Thankfully with the increase the pain abated and she was…