The mysteries of Mo

• November 6th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Arrived at the hospice about 10.45 and went in to speak to the nurses as I do every day just to get an update,Mo was a lot brighter this morning compared to the last couple of days,comfortable and relaxed the nurses told me. Mo had eaten some breakfast and the nurses had put the radio on for her,it was on some Christian music channel which Mo does like now and then,not really my cup of tea so I changed it.I doubt very…

• November 4th 2011 (pt3)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After earlier's unpleasantries Ewa had left and I stayed with Mo for a little longer but I was still quite upset and Ewa probably was too even though I did apologise to Ewa about me over reacting. Unfortunately tensions had been spilt on more than one occasion since everything had happened with Mo,another down side of any Cancer diagnosis I expect.I left the hospice and went home,well next door actually,Sue & Brian have…

• November 4th 2011 (pt2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As I mentioned earlier Ewa was at the Hospice which pissed me off straight away,I managed to keep my cool,momentarily,why u ask what happened. It was lunchtime and the staff were busy doing what they do serving lunches to the patients. I mentioned to Ewa that I would prefer it if the nurses fed Mo as she has got to know them and they tend to get a better response from her when feeding Mo. Being a professional they can…

• November 4th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to visit Mo today with Sue and Lisa,her daughter and when we got there Ewa was there too,no phone call or text to let me know about her visiting had I known we would of visited later or earlier so we could all have some 'quality time' with her. The nurses had put some laxative-type medication in some juice of Mo's to help her open her bowels. The enema fiasco yesterday wasn't doing as good a job as they had hoped…

• November 3rd 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I hadn't planned to visit Mo today had some things to do yet again down the town and I knew Carol was visiting Mo this morning. I wanted to buy some picture frames today because I had some photos of Mo in the garden at the Day Therapy Centre when they all had strawberries and cream. They were lovely photos of Mo smiling and all dressed up as it was her first visit to the centre and she was really looking forward to it…