October 28th 2011

1 minute read time.

I went to see Mo today didn't see her yesterday,she sort of recognised me but she was very sleepy due to the increase in the morphine dosage in the syringe driver. The nurses increased the morphine dosage as Mo's tumour was giving her a lot of pain,to the extent Mo at times laid on her side,a rarity,normally sleeps on her back and she was very tearful,Bless her!!. Thankfully with the increase the pain abated and she was comfortable again which was good,the down side to the increase meant Mo was even more tired and sleepy than earlier but at least the pain was being controlled. Mo's breathing was also very laboured but the nurse told me that she wouldn't of realised or uncomfortable,but even so its still very distressing for anyone especially Paul and myself to watch Mo seem to struggle. Mo had written some letters to everyone while she was at Hurstwood park,seems an age ago now,I got very upset when I read mine. Even way back then Mo knew it wasn't good news and things were going to worsen,I still find it very hard to get my head around things now at times,God knows how Mo did then, she's a lot stronger than anyone knew or thought. I don't know how much longer Mo will be with us, none of us do I try not to think about it and just take each and every day as it comes as we have been doing hoping Mo keeps fighting. Is that selfish of me,I do hope not.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Bjay.Youre not selfish at all.Youve been doing a wonderful job.Take care of yourself.Many HUGS xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi BJay, my mom also suffering strong painful from the tumour, but in china, my mom could not able to get the enough dosage of morphine, my mom still suffering strong pain from time to time, i am tearful for her everyday. My mom appears a kind of strong since she got the cancer,  same as you, i have so much memories about my mom and the family and me, and now i also don't know how much longer mom will did with us, but i can't see my mom is strugling with strong painful everyday, i have the same confusion with you, if there is a god, i would like to pay everything to get my mom's health back, but there is no god.

May the lucky with your mom!

Hugsxxx

Tiffany

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bjay your far from selfish as i know, i would walk to the moon and back if i could to save my mum from this terribe condition. i would like to think there is something we could all do to make this better for every one but sadly there isnt anything. my mum suffers daily from very high levels of pain and seing her doped up on high end morphine isnt plesent to watch especially when its some one to close to your heart. i wish every day for some mirical cure and that mum will continue to fight..and you know what i know she will. i have never seen a stronger person than her and i hope one day i can be as brave and strong as her. All i can say is never give up and enjoy every moment you have with mo. you can make a whole life time of memories in a short time. best wishes for you and for mo xxxxx