The mysteries of Mo

• September 28th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mo's off to the Day Therapy Centre today,for the first time. I haven't got any kids myself but I feel like a mum/dad taking their son/daughter to school on 'their first day'. Worried,anxious and emotional,making sure they had everything in their schoolbag,well in Mo's case tissues,water,money & of course fags lol even though youv'e checked their bag a 'million times'. I am a little worried because she's not had a rest…

• September 27th 2011 (pt2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Charlotte the carer came round today at 2pm and gave Mo a wash and washed her hair today.There was some initial confusion between the A1 care co-ordinator and myself regarding the times but it was eventually sorted.I also had Helen (getting slightly better remembering SOME names lol) from A1 carers visit today,later than planned to talk about a sitting carer for Thursdays.Unfortunately earlier on this morning I had a…

• September 27th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had to make some phonecalls today,A1 Carers,Adult Social Care and the Carers Association. A1 Carers to see what time Charlotte was coming,2pm today,Adult Social Care to inquire about the sitting carer,I didn't know what company it was turned out to be A1 Carers.I didn't realise A1 Carers & Quality Homecare were the same company let alone responsible for Mo's personal care and my respite care which is ok as its easier…

• September 26th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a problem with the carers today because they had sent a NEW carer around to help Mo today, at 11.30am. When Mo/I were assessed way back when, I specifially said that I wanted no carer visit BEFORE 1pm, anytime after was fine. The reason being was mo has her meds first thing in the morning and then she usually rests for 1-2hours. After Mo has had a rest she tends to be a lot more mobile and interacts better with…

• September 24th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Paul visited Mo today later than expected 3.45 he turned up,luckily I didn't have anything that needed to be done ,considering. The general idea was,I thought,for Paul to come up at the weekend to see his mum,obviously,and allow me time to pop out & do 'things'while he was here. Ewa wasn't starting work until 3pm so I guess he just wanted to spend some time with her,I didn't have a problem with that all.However,it transpired…