Ray123's blog

• A Lifetime of Cancer - Sunshine & Hope

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Isn't it amazing how when the sun shines and you start to feel the warmth on your skin how everything in the world feels normal, if even if only for a short while.

Yesterday was a wonderfully warm day, not a cloud in the azure blue sky and as it was my birthday we decided to have a BBQ in the garden. Until I went outside I was feeling quite low - another year has passed, another birthday with cancer in our lives…

• A Lifetime of Cancer - Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well its been a while since I logged on. Time just seems to be taken over with hospital appointments and four days of sickness after each treatment. For a little while it had started to get us down but you have to kick yourself before depression takes over, so a good kick came our way, again. You would think that after all these years you would get used to it all but you never fully get used to it, sometimes you even…

• A Lifetime of Cancer - some good news for a change...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well to say the last two weeks have been a nightmare would not be in any way doing it justice. Hubby's bloods had stopped moving downwards after the last two sessions of chemo and terror set in - had this chemo also stopped working?

We normally call the hospital about three days after the last visit so that we can get the new blood results but this time we didn't or maybe that was couldn't. We both agreed, as you…

• A Lifetime of Cancer - Back to the Grinde

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh boy did we get spoilt, being allowed three weeks off from the dreaded chemo regime and that awful journey to the hospital but reality soon kicked in again yesterday.

It seems silly that one extra week can make all the difference but it was like being 'normal' again for just a short while. Your brain seems to put it all out of your head, you don't get that tense feeling of dread every day because you have to go back…

• A LIFETIME OF CANCER - Friends

FormerMember
    FormerMember

JUST A LITTLE POEM FOR MY FRIENDS ON HERE:

FRIENDS:

F is for feelings, of which you have plenty

R is for regal, like the Queen on a twenty

I is for inspiration, you inspire so much

E is for earnest, thankyou for keeping in touch

N is for nice, which you obviously are

D is for dependable, 'oh yes, can I borrow your car?'

S is for special, you all mean so much

So thankyou for being my FRIENDS and for keeping…