Ray123's blog

• A Lifetime of Cancer - another update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Was thinking of many of you and hoping u are all still doing fine. Hubby is still in marker remission and does not go back until next month when if all is still OK then we get our first six months off from the hospital in over a decade. Keeping every thing crossed for then cos we would be so excited to get six months off. Any way I will always think of the many folks on here who I class as friends and if any of…

• A Lifetime of Cancer - Update Again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just to let you all know hubby has just had his hickman line taken out after 22 mths in situ, yippee. Why? Because he is still in marker remission and no sign of tumours on scans. And, we got a whole eight weeks free from the hospital for the first time in four years. It is like being given the best pressie ever. A whole eight weeks FREE.

Long may it continue................................

Ray x

• A Lifetime of Cancer - The New Year

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wonder what 2011 will hold for my family. Hubby had his last lot of chemo (again) at the end of November and all was well with AFP - it was still undetectable. Then in December he had scan and more blood test and upto 22nd December all was well - the scan showed no detectable tumour and bloods were still below the norm so for the first time in four years we got a whole six weeks off from going to cancer hospital. That…

• A Lifetime of cancer - 15 years this week.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well who would have thought it ehh. Back in August 1995 hubby had a car crash, rushed off to A&E, tests etc, told it was just a haematoma due to the seat belt crushing into hubby, weeks of pain and discomfort then to be told actually it is TC but not to worry because it had not spread. Then after first op referred to cancer unit and oops, it has spread and rapidly. It all went downhill from then.......

Not for one…

• A Lifetime of cancer - Still in the black!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well hubby has just finished cycle 18 and only another 7 more to go, roll on November. The good news is that for the third time in a row the docs have not found raised tumour markers - this is the first time in over four years that they have got the markers to the point were they are undetecable, and we have everything crossed all of the time.

Hubby is having a bit of a rough time with the dreaded side effects but he…