Life my way!

• 6 months on...Mum's been gone 6 months today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can't quite believe that it has been six months, sometimes seems much longer, yet at other times it seems like only yesterday. Decided to take a drive to one of Mums favourite places today, which is also the place where we had our last outing. A beautiful beach town, where I spent all my childhood weekends and many holidays, and where I normally take my own family whenever the sun shines. The sun shone today, it was…

• roy orbison "in dreams"

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A candy colored clown they call the sandman
    Tiptoes to my room every night
    Just to sprinkle star dust and to whisper
    Go to sleep, everything is all right
    I close my eyes then I drift away
    Into the magic night, I softly say
    A silent prayer, like dreamers do
    Then I fall asleep to dream, my dreams of you
    In dreams I walk with you
    In dreams I talk to you
    In dreams you’re mine all the time
    We’re together in dreams, in dreams…

• 5 months on........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, another month has passed since I lost Mum and how do I feel?

Some things are getting easier, and some seem to be getting harder. Daily , things have settled back into their humdrum routine, with the  exception of the noteable absence of our twice daily phonecalls and our twice weekly trips to the coffee shop or lunch. Oh and the hugs, and the knowledge that there was someone out there who always had my corner, no…

• clearing the wardrobes...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Finally got round to doing a job that we had been putting off and off. Before mum died she asked my sister and I to help clear out her wardrobes(with her) and bag everything for the Macmillan shop. The day before we were going to do this she deteriorated rapidly and we didnt get them cleared.

In a mad moment, my stepdad wanted to bag everything the day afer Mum died, but I expressed my feelings that it was too soon,…

• Back to asking the why question..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know that cancer is indiscriminate, I know that there is no clear reason why some people seem to get more than their share of heartache, but today again I find myself asking the one question that none of us can answer - Why?

Yesterday a family friend died, after a long valient battle against stomach cancer. She has fought long and hard to stop cancer from winning, but yesterday her journey ended. She has 2 children aged…