My mum has extensive sclc

• December 14th 2009 - It's a hat trick!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum got up this morning feeling very sick but quickly took her anti-sickness meds and was soon ok.  This seems to be her pattern as after her first chemo her food was tasteless the one night and she felt sick the next morning.  She has been fine since and enjoyed all of her food.

I came home from work at lunch time to take her for the bone scan.  We went up to the hospital for 1pm where she was injected with the radioactive…

• December 13th 2009 - Another good day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well we've had another good day.  We went out this morning to Preston where we started mums collection of beanie hats for bed.  We went to TK maxx and matalan and she walked around both stores with no sign that anything was wrong.  We had the wheelchair in the boot but she chose not to use it and coped well.  She was very tired when we got home and did have to go for a sleep but that gave her a chance to try out one of…

• December 12th 2009 - uneventful and normal, brilliant!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Funny but there's very little to say today.  Mum was expecting to be really tired today after the chemo yesterday but for the first time in a while she wasn't.  She even insisted in doing the ironing while I did the hoovering and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.  Her back was a wee bit sore afterwards but it was good that she felt up to doing something normal.

I went and did the shopping early this morning an then…

• December 11th 2009 - the wheelchair saga!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum had her chemo today and when she'd finished we went over to the red cross to rent a wheelchair for a few weeks as we were told mums own wheelchair would probably not arrive until after Christmas as the referral was only made on Tuesday.  We were home about 10 minutes when I received a phone call to say that mums wheelchair will be delivered on Monday!

It was agreed that they would deliver on Monday afternoon but…

• December 10th 2009 - My mum is so brave!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We went to the hospital today and mum had her bloods done, her chest and back x-rays and then saw the oncologist.  The oncologist told mum that the chest x-ray shows that the chemo has had an effect on her cancer and it is a little smaller.  He said that the improvement in her breathing and absence of the cough are also good signs that the chemo is doing its job. He couldn't see anything on the x-ray of her spine but has…