December 11th 2009 - the wheelchair saga!

1 minute read time.

Mum had her chemo today and when she'd finished we went over to the red cross to rent a wheelchair for a few weeks as we were told mums own wheelchair would probably not arrive until after Christmas as the referral was only made on Tuesday.  We were home about 10 minutes when I received a phone call to say that mums wheelchair will be delivered on Monday!

It was agreed that they would deliver on Monday afternoon but 5 minutes later we received a phone call from the hospital saying that mums bone scan, wait for it, is scheduled for Monday afternoon!  I had to phone the wheelchair people back and now it is being delivered on Tuesday afternoon.  So on Wednesday I will go all the way back to the red cross to return their wheelchair.  I can't complain though, excellent prompt service from all concerned.

Mums chemo went fine although she finds it really boring just sitting there.  She's actually not slept so much today but if it goes like last time she will become very tired.  She's had her wig on all day and is comfortable with it.  She says she's getting used to it and actually quite likes it, so that's good.  She has just taken it off and is now watching the telly with her wee bald head!  Bless!  She won't take it off until she's sure no one will come into the house and she reckons 9pm is a safe time to remove it. 

I suppose all in all it's been a good day!

Anonymous