December 12th 2009 - uneventful and normal, brilliant!

Less than one minute read time.

Funny but there's very little to say today.  Mum was expecting to be really tired today after the chemo yesterday but for the first time in a while she wasn't.  She even insisted in doing the ironing while I did the hoovering and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.  Her back was a wee bit sore afterwards but it was good that she felt up to doing something normal.

I went and did the shopping early this morning an then after we'd done the housework we just chilled out.  The one thing we did do was shave off the little jaggy bits of hair that were still on mums head as she said they were stabbing into her during the night.  She also says her head was cold in bed so tomorrow if she feels good again we're going to go and get her a nice soft beanie hat for bed.

We could have believed that mum was perfectly ok today and that there must have been a mistake.  I know there's no mistake but it would be nice to have a lot more days like today - uneventful and normal, brilliant!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad your mom has had a good day today. Heres to more uneventful and normal days.

Love and hugs Amanda xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,

Now there's a sentence I bet none of us would have thought we'd hear ourselves say... an uneventful and normal day...wonderful, I hope she has many more...Not sure about the ironing bit though, Yuk!  She deserves the best beanie hat in town for doing that. lol.

Hugs to you both. XX

• Hi Caroline

Funny but the day after chemo I felt really good. Perhaps the brain does not realise the body is being poisoned.

Glad your Mum has had a good day. I was lucky that I went thro chemo in the summer months and did not get a cold head.

Love

Sue xxx