My mum has extensive sclc

• December 18th 2009 - I made it to work!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went in to work this morning and enjoyed our carol service where the whole school came together to celebrate Christmas.  My headteacher gave m a Christmas gift and in addition, this year, gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers for mum, very classy.  Mum was really chuffed that Colette had taken time to think about her and so was I.  She actually had a family funeral today, her 5th since September, an for her to take time…

• December 17th 2009 - Didn't make it to work!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I slept very little last night after the disappointment for mum and I that we may not be able to go up to Scotland for Christmas.  Mum had bounced back by this morning but I got up with a terrible migraine and couldn't go into work.  I'm trying so hard to be strong and support my mum but at the least little thing I become an emotional wreck.

I've still got a bit of a headache but I am, more or less, back on an…

• December 16th 2009 - PART 2!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just had a bit of a blow.  My uncle phoned to say my cousin is really poorly with a bad cold or possibly flu.  This might have to put our trip to Scotland on hold as mums immune system will be at its lowest when we go up and none of us want to risk her getting anything.  She is, understandably, down and saying thigs like 'what's the point in having this treatment if I can't live my life!'  'I feel like a leper…

• December 16th 2009 - mum very tired but OK!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum has been really tired since Monday but hadn't really been able to sleep much because of her bone scan and various other appointments.  Today she has taken it very easy and has slept when she felt tired.  She seems better than she did last night when she was absolutely exhausted and said she'd never felt so tired in her life. 

She will now get as much sleep as she can over the next few days before we head…

• December 15th 2009 - Bone scan is clear!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum has been extremely tired today, sometning we were expecting but still hard for her to take after a few really good days.  She also felt sick again today which didn't happen last time but she has taken her anti-sickness and they seem to be doing the trick.  She is still enjoying her food.

They delivered mums beast of a wheelchair today.  It is really heavy, even though they call it light weight, and even though I…