December 16th 2009 - mum very tired but OK!

Less than one minute read time.

My mum has been really tired since Monday but hadn't really been able to sleep much because of her bone scan and various other appointments.  Today she has taken it very easy and has slept when she felt tired.  She seems better than she did last night when she was absolutely exhausted and said she'd never felt so tired in her life. 

She will now get as much sleep as she can over the next few days before we head up to Scotland for Christmas.  I'm hoping that being with her brother and family for Christmas will be a nice way to spend the holiday before returning to see the oncologist on New Years Eve. 

Christmas is a difficult time for us anyway as my dad died on December 19th 1983 and even after all this time we find it hard to celebrate Christmas.  However my cousin has a 5 year old daughter and mum is really looking forward to seeing Rebecca opening her presents on Christmas morning.  I will have the video camera at the ready and will hopefully get some nice family footage to cherish in the future.

Anonymous