December 18th 2009 - I made it to work!

1 minute read time.

I went in to work this morning and enjoyed our carol service where the whole school came together to celebrate Christmas.  My headteacher gave m a Christmas gift and in addition, this year, gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers for mum, very classy.  Mum was really chuffed that Colette had taken time to think about her and so was I.  She actually had a family funeral today, her 5th since September, an for her to take time to think of mum was a truly kind gesture.  I am so lucky to have a boss like her.

When I got home they had delivered mums new wheelchair so, hopefully, this one will fit in the boot and I will be able to lift it!  I've not tried it yet.  My cousin is recovering from her bad cold and although we won't go up on Sunday we are hopeful we will still get up for Christmas.  We'll wait and see.  We also have a lot of snow today and with more forecast on Sunday and Monday we've decided to sit it out until Tuesday at the earliest and then make a decision about whether to travel.

We've had a nice night tonight, watching TV with mums favourite boy, Kieran.  He is such a sweetheart and always cheers mum up and makes her laugh.  You wouldn't expect a 17 year old lad to give up his Friday night to spend it with his adopted grandma but that's what he did. 

Mum actually seems quite well.  She is still tired but not nearly as bad as she was a couple of days ago or after the first chemo.  Her 2nd was just a week ago today and she seems to be picking up quicker this time.  So whether we have Christmas here with our adopted family or in Scotland with our blood family I am sure that we will enjoy it.   

Anonymous