December 15th 2009 - Bone scan is clear!

2 minute read time.

Mum has been extremely tired today, sometning we were expecting but still hard for her to take after a few really good days.  She also felt sick again today which didn't happen last time but she has taken her anti-sickness and they seem to be doing the trick.  She is still enjoying her food.

They delivered mums beast of a wheelchair today.  It is really heavy, even though they call it light weight, and even though I managed to heave it into my quite large boot it won't fit.  That's why we asked for a voucher but seemingly they've all gone for this year so they've put us down for one in April when they are released again.  In the meantime they are exchanging the beast for another beast that has wheels that detach making it lighter, and hopefully smaller, to transport.  I can put the back seat down but really wanted to be able to store it in the boot as mum only needs it when she's out.  We'll wait and see what happens.

The occupational therapist came today about the possibility of the stairlift.  She explained that it may take some time to get it and offered the dreaded commode.  Mum refused again pointing out that our house is open plan and that there is no privacy.  Also that her bedroom is upstairs and said she thought she should have a right to be able to access both.  Good for her!  The woman agreed and said she'd set the wheels in motion for the stairlift.

Christine, mums CNS, phoned today about the wheelchair and also to check how mum's been since the chemo.  She says the sickness can get worse with each session but that they can change the anti sickness if the ones sh's got become less effective.  She asked if mum had an appointment for the bone scan yet and I told her she had had it yesterday.  After we chatted she went off telling me to have a lovely Christmas.  A few minutes later the phone went again and it was Christine ringing back.  She had gone to check for mums bone scan results and said she thought she would just let us know it was good news.  Mum's bone scan was clear, nothing there at all, and she thought it would cheer us up and help us to enjoy our Christmas in Scotland to know before we went.  She is so nice and thoughtful!

Anonymous