My Amazing Dad

• Dad's Birthday yesterday...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was my Dad's Birthday yesterday - he was 66!! I found it a weird day. I HUGELY regret not taking the time off work to spend the whole day with him...I didn't purely because I know there will come a time where I will need that time off from work. We went straight round there after work..poor Marc...I bit his head off because he couldn't leave work early and I just wanted to get to Dad ASAP...I just felt emotional…

• Struggling...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't blogged in ages simply because I think I have been bottling everything up and in a way...I think i've been in denial. I also stopped coming on the Macmillan website as everytime I saw a new blog post...a new forum topic...or anything really...it HIT me so hard and I just think I needed a break from it.

I am back now though as I feel I need to get everything out & hopefully that will help…

• Time to be strong now...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday was the day we found out if Dad could have chemo. I'll be honest...I had not seen Dad for a couple of days as I have a really bad cold so been trying to stay away (the hardest thing EVER as seen him every single day since NYE) and it sort of felt like all of this wasn't happening. Of course I've spoken to him on the phone about 3 or 4 times a day and text him but it didn't feel like yesterday was happening…

• Bad bad night...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bad night last night. We went round to see Mum & Dad...Dad looks so ill.
    I find it sooo hard...it feels like only yesterday he was his normal self, quite
    a lot of energy, laughing & joking. Now he just seems so poorly...huddled up
    on the sofa with a blanket...quiet...worried...scared. My poor Dad :( My heart
    breaks everytime I look at him & I know it is going to get worse...

So last night we took round my…

• Emotional weekend...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow...what a weekend...rollercoaster of emotions like never before. On Friday night Marc & I told Dad that we were going to get married. He has been a bit down and Mum was really worried about him...well telling him our news completely lit up his face...the grin he gave me is something I will never ever forget...he got the sparkle back in his eyes and was just sooo chuffed.

He did say "You're not just…