My Amazing Dad

• Finding it so hard...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well yesterday was certainly one of those days....I held it in all day then Marc (my fiance) met me from work and I just cried my heart out. Marc is amazing...he held me, cuddled me, wiped my tears and reassured me. I managed to calm down after saying how i didn't feel like i was doing enough & I was worried about not giving my dad the right sorts of food to eat...and Marc said he would come food shopping with…

• Feeling negative...must stay strong

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well today is going to be one of THOSE days I think. Woke up this morning and like every morning my poor dad was the first thing on my mind. We saw him last night & hearing him coughing so much & seeing him fall asleep so easily on the sofa & catching him lost in his thoughts...is so so so hard. It scares me how these symptoms seem to be coming out more now...he said he has been itching in the night which worries…

• Rollercoaster of emotions...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

So blogging really helped me yesterday when I was at such a low point...and receiving such heart warming, lovely comments offering advice and sharing experiences really did help me & I hope it helped others too.

So after my breakdown yesterday morning where I could not stop crying...I wrote my blog post...got it all out...then pulled myself together. I booked in an appointment to register our…

• Struggling to accept...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm going to start at the very beginning as I feel like I need to get everything out & i'm hoping by doing this it will help me and others in my position...

My wonderful dad is 65 years old. I am 27. I've always been incredibly close to my parents. My fiance and I have always spent lots of time with my mum & dad...something I am very grateful of now. But still...it does not feel like anywhere near enough…